obey-robots.txt
View Thread
India knows a lot of languages: Angika, Assamese, Beary bashe, Bengali, Bodo, Chhattisgarhi, Dogri, Garhwali , Garo, Gujarati, Standard Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Khasi, Kodava Takk, Kokborok, Konkani, Kumaoni, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Mizo, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Rajasthani , Sanskrit , Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Tulu, Urdu
 Print Thread
Locale files for all Indian languages
Wanabo
It is my intention to offer as many as possible Indian languages here on php-fusion.in, so a lot of people will choose php-fusion as their CMS simply because it supports their native language.

I think the preferred discussion language should be English, but there also must be a possibility to ask questions in one of the supported languages.

How do we deal with the different languages?

1. should we create seperate forums per language?
2. use the existing English forum categories here at php-fusion and allow different languages?
3. something completely different.

Please your thoughts on the matter.
Cool

Ankur
I think that it would be good to keep the English as Default for site communication.

In my opinion, we could, in future, can provide sub-domains to different people, who handle the locales and support in their languages. Those domains will be made only after a locale has been made in that language.

For Example: If there are currently two Languages, Hindi & Mizo, then we could set up hindi.php-fusion.in and mizo.php-fusion.in where corresponding admins will be handling the website. By default, everything related to indian languages will be available at the main domain here...

What say?
Be What you want to be...Wink

www.php-fusion.in
Wanabo
So it would be a multisite setup then? I have no experience with that. If you guide me with that it would be an option. It's a great idea by the way.

But I hope in version 8 we will have subforums, these could be localized.
Cool

Ankur

Wanabo wrote:

But I hope in version 8 we will have subforums, these could be localized.

I have currently no idea regarding that.

Basically, in that case, I see that it would be quite interesting to run a multilingual site, using UTF-8. We can setup forums in different language then.

We could also provide a tool like Transliteration in order to make it more better and easy...
Be What you want to be...Wink

www.php-fusion.in
Wanabo
Currently the site is running UTF-8, so (I think) we don't need a transliteration tool because anybody can type in the characters of their native tongue.

Proof: मैं कुछ बात लिखें

I still like the idea of a multi site using subdomains for localized support.
Cool

subodh
Instead of developing multiple sites in different languages, it's better to have one site and with different forum subcategories.
Also, it will be better if we integrate typing tools that allow typing in different language provided by google.

http://gamersworlds.com/
Wanabo
v9 will have subforums, with any language possible.
Cool

Jump to Forum
New Thread Post Reply
Use BBcode or HTML to refer to; 'Locale files for all Indian languages'
BBcode:
HTML:
Simular threads
Subject Discussion Forum         Last Post
New Mizo Locale Version 1 for PHP Fusion V8 Indian languages (locale files) : 1 17/10/2019
New Mizo Locale available Indian languages (locale files) : 1 19/07/2017
Locale for Mizo Indian languages (locale files) : 11 23/03/2017
Problem Uploading files Discussing PHP Fusion and its Components : 1 23/03/2017
Development of Hindi Locale has been Started Indian languages (locale files) : 5 11/04/2013